I’m Lindsay, Instruction and Outreach Librarian at the University of California Merced. I have a can-do spirit and am committed to student success and learning more about learning.
The daughter of a Mexican immigrant and Arkansas migrant, I was the first person in my family to attend college, but I never knew what I wanted to be when I grew up. A sociology professor pointed me to librarianship after he listened to me say that I enjoyed helping fellow students with their writing and working on research papers.
A college graduation, recession, wedding, graduate degree, and lots of little library jobs later, I started my professional capital “L” librarian job at the Los Baños Campus of Merced College, a full-service center an hour away from the main community college campus in Merced. After three years in Los Baños, I began working at the UC Merced Library in Summer 2016.
Outside of work, I jog, hang out with my husband and dogs, and Instagram a lot of plants.
- Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS), San José State University, 2011
- Bachelor of Arts, History, California State University Stanislaus, 2008
Library Work Experience
- Instruction and Outreach Librarian, University of California Merced, 2016-present
- Assistant Librarian, California State University Stanislaus, 2013-2017
- Tenure-track Faculty Librarian, Los Baños Campus, Merced College, 2013-2016
- Adjunct Faculty Librarian, Los Baños Campus, Merced College, 2012-2013
- Bilingual (Spanish/English), Library Assistant I, Reference Department, Stanislaus County Library, 2012-2013
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) Library Assistant I-II, Children’s Department, Stanislaus County Library, 2011-2013
- Junior Fellow, Hispanic Division, Library of Congress, 2009
Selected Presentations, Posters, & Publications
- Davis, L. (2018). [Review of the book Video marketing for libraries: A practical guide for librarians, by H.A. Dalal, R. O’Hanlon, & K.L. Yacobucci]. Public Services Quarterly, 14(2), 144-46. https://doi.org/10.1080/15228959.2018.1449707
- Davis, L., & Young, C. (2018, July). Integrating intersectionality into library instruction and programming. Presentation at Library Instruction West 2018, Grand Junction, CO.
- Davis, L., Park, J., Dantus, S., Davidson, C., Lafazan, B.C., & Petit, J. (2017, Dec.). Marketing for the beginner: Resources from the ACRL Library Marketing and Outreach Interest Group. College & Research Libraries News, 78(11), 612-15. https://doi.org/10.5860/crln.78.11.612
- Davis, L., & Kellam, L. (2017, June). Keeping up with…statistical literacy.
- Davis, L., Davidson Squibb, S., & McMunn-Tetangco, E. (2017, March 8). Assessing the value of library instruction using Qualtrics online survey software. Poster presented at the Assessment as Research Symposium, Merced, CA.
- Hernández, E., Godbey, S., Santiago, A., García, K., & Davis, L. (2016, Aug.). Reading about diversity: Developing and reflecting on inclusive instructional resources. Poster presented at the National Diversity in Libraries Conference, Los Angeles, CA.
Current Professional Activities
- Chair, Instruction for Diverse Populations Committee, ACRL, 2018-2019
- Past co-convener, Library Marketing and Outreach Interest Group, ACRL, 2018-2019
- Chair, Librarians Association of the University of California Merced (LAUC-M), 2018-2019
- Chair, Abrescy-Kranich Library Award for Student Research Excellence, UC Merced, 2018-2019
- Member, Public Relations Committee, Reforma National, 2018-2019