- Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS), San José State University, 2011
- Bachelor of Arts, History, California State University Stanislaus, 2008
Certificates & Other Professional Development
- Certified Professor of Online Teaching & Learning, Merced College, 2020
- Copyright for Educators & Librarians, Coursera, 2019
- Immersion Program, Teacher Track, Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL), 2017
- ACRL IS (Instruction Section) Mentoring Program, 2016-2017
- Introduction to Online Teaching & Learning, @ONE, 2014
- The Hyperlinked Library MOOC, San José State University, 2013
- Web Design Basics for Librarians, American Library Association, 2012
Library Work Experience
- Tenure-track Faculty Reference Librarian, Merced College, Aug. 2019 – present
- Instruction & Outreach Librarian, University of California Merced, 2016-2019
- Adjunct Faculty Assistant Librarian, California State University Stanislaus, 2013-2017
- Tenure-track Faculty Reference Librarian, Los Baños Campus, Merced College, 2013-2016
- Adjunct Faculty Reference Librarian, Los Baños Campus, Merced College, 2012-2013
- Bilingual (Spanish/English), Library Assistant I, Reference Department, Stanislaus County Library, 2012-2013
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) Library Assistant I-II, Children’s Department, Stanislaus County Library, 2011-2013
- Junior Fellow, Hispanic Division, Library of Congress, 2010
Selected Presentations, Posters, & Publications
- Davis, L. (2020). Pass me Smore books, please! Promoting new books at a small community college library. In R.L. Sittler & T. Rogerson (Eds.), Library outreach cookbook. Chicago: American Library Association.
- Davis, L. (2019, May). The bias in your search results: A Partial “Jigsaw” activity. Presentation at the California Conference on Library Instruction 2019, San Francisco, CA.
- Davis, L. (2019, Feb.) Fiat Lux + library: A first-generation workshop series. Presentation at SCIL Works 2019, Carson, CA.
- Davis, L. (2018). [Review of the book Video marketing for libraries: A practical guide for librarians, by H.A. Dalal, R. O’Hanlon, & K.L. Yacobucci]. Public Services Quarterly, 14(2), 144-46. https://doi.org/10.1080/15228959.2018.1449707
- Davis, L., & Young, C. (2018, July). Integrating intersectionality into library instruction and programming. Presentation at Library Instruction West 2018, Grand Junction, CO.
- Davis, L., Park, J., Dantus, S., Davidson, C., Lafazan, B.C., & Petit, J. (2017, Dec.). Marketing for the beginner: Resources from the ACRL Library Marketing and Outreach Interest Group. College & Research Libraries News, 78(11), 612-15. https://doi.org/10.5860/crln.78.11.612
- Davis, L., & Kellam, L. (2017, June). Keeping up with…statistical literacy.
- Davis, L., Davidson Squibb, S., & McMunn-Tetangco, E. (2017, March 8). Assessing the value of library instruction using Qualtrics online survey software. Poster presented at the Assessment as Research Symposium, Merced, CA.
- Hernández, E., Godbey, S., Santiago, A., García, K., & Davis, L. (2016, Aug.). Reading about diversity: Developing and reflecting on inclusive instructional resources. Poster presented at the National Diversity in Libraries Conference, Los Angeles, CA.
- Fallon, C. (2017). Portraits of librarians celebrate America’s bookish unsung heroes. Retrieved from https://www.huffpost.com/entry/portraits-of-librarians-celebrate-americas-bookish-unsung-heroes_n_591a0087e4b0809be1572dbe?guccounter=1
- American Library Association (ALA)
- Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL)
- California Academic & Research Libraries Association (CARL)
- REFORMA National
- Library Marketing & Outreach Interest Group (LMOIG), ACRL
- Co-convener, 2016-2019
- Communications Committee, College Libraries Sections (CLS), ACRL
- Member, 2016-2018
- Instruction for Diverse Populations (IDP), Instruction Section (IS), ACRL
- Chair, 2018-2019
- Vice chair, 2017-2018
- Member, 2016-2017
- Secretary, 2015
- Communications Committee, Community and Junior College Libraries Section (CJCLS), ACRL
- Member, 2014-2016
- Completed as part of my SJSU iSchool program